IELTS Cue Card Topics (2021)
I am going to talk about an important wild animal. One of the most important wild animals of our country is the Royal Bengal Tiger. It is found in Sundarbans. The Sundarbans is a mangrove forest situated in the southwestern part of Bangladesh. These tigers are famous for their beauty and ferocity. They are the best-known carnivorous animals of Bangladesh. These animals are rivaled only by the lion in strength and ferocity. Among the different types of tigers found in different parts of the world, the royal Bengal tigers are considered the best. Their color is bright reddish tan, beautifully marked with dark almost black stripes. These animals are certainly an important treasure of this country. It is really important to save them and their habitat.
1. What are the main wild animals of your country?
The main wild animals of Bangladesh are tiger, deer, elephant, crocodile, monkey, bear, leopard, hog, porcupine, rabbit, etc.
2. Where do most of the wild animals live?
Most of the wild animals live in Sundarbans, Chittagong hill tracts, and Sylhet because the forests of the country are mainly in those areas.
3. How do the people of your country feel about wild animals?
Most of the people of the country are friendly to wild animals. However, there are also some hunters and poachers.
4. Is the government of your country serious about saving the wild animals and their habitat?
Yes, it is. The government of the country is very serious about saving wild animals and their habitat. The government has already taken many steps to stop cutting trees from the forests and killing wild animals.
5. Do you think that animals should be used for human benefit?
Yes, I do. But they should not be maltreated.
6. What do you mean by maltreatment?
By, maltreatment I mean cruel behavior to animals.
7. Can you mention some maltreatment to animals?
Animals face different types of maltreatment. Some of them are as follows
a. Keeping animals half feed or without food
b. Making animals work too hard
c. Mutilating body limbs of animals
d. Giving too much pain while slaughtering
e. Using animals in the laboratory for experiments
8. What should be done to protect animals from maltreatment?
Certain things may be done to save animals from maltreatment. Firstly people should be made aware of the maltreatment of animals and encourage them not to treat animals badly. Secondly, some sort of punishment should be given to people who treat animals cruelly.
9. Are you aware that many wild animals of this world have become endangered?
Yes, I am.
10. What do you think are the reasons for the extinction of wild animals?
I think the main reason reasons for the extinction of wild animals is indiscriminate killing or poaching. Other reasons are the destruction of their natural habitats, environmental pollution, natural disaster, and change in the environment.
11. How can we save wild animals from extinction?
We can do certain things to save wild animals from extinction. First of all indiscriminate killing and poaching of wild animals must be stopped. Secondly, everyone should be careful not to destroy the natural habitats of wild animals. Thirdly use of body parts of endangered wild animals should be banned.
12. Do you support the use of animal hide for making things like jackets, belts, and shoes?
Yes, I do. Hide of animals other than the endangered ones may be used for making jackets, belts, and shoes.
I am going to talk about my favorite writer. My favorite writer is Rabindranath Tagore. He is undoubtedly the greatest writer of the Bengali language. He was a poet, a dramatist, a novelist, a short story writer, a critic, a painter, an essayist, and a philosopher at the same time. From his boyhood to his death he wrote continuously and contributed to Bengali literature in many ways. I especially like his poems. It seems to me that his poems tell the deepest emotions of every human mind. The modern Bengali language is largely his contribution. He raised Bengali literature to a great height and abreast with the leading literature of the world.
1. Famous people often become role models for teenagers. How do you evaluate that?
It is true that famous people often become role models for teenagers. I consider it natural. It is also significant that teenagers like famous people and try to follow them in their life to be famous like their role models.
2. Do you think that actors and models get too much media attention? is it good or bad?
I believe that actors and models get too much media attention. There is very little good in it. Media make them idols for their own business. In fact, the media use the charisma and fame of celebrities and commercialize them.
3. Is it justified that people should lose the right to privacy just because they are famous?
I don’t think so. Everyone should have the right to privacy even though he is famous.
4. If you could meet anyone famous, who would be? Why?
If I could meet anyone famous, I would meet bill gates. I like him very much and it is my long-cherished dream to meet him physically. I want to be successful like him.
5. Do you believe that some people can handle fame better than others?
I think it requires maturity to handle fame. We often find teenagers lose their heads after becoming famous. However, most of them can recover after remaining famous for a while.
6. Is it important that actors should retire after a certain age?
I don’t think so. I think it is important to have actors and actresses of all ages. For making films and dramas we need all types of characters –children, adolescents, young men and women, and elderly people. So, the service of old people is also essential which we cannot get if they retire after a certain age.