Let’s learn to Make Simple Meals
Cheese Chili Dry
Dry Chili Cheese is a popular restaurant dish that is an Indo-Chinese starter. As it is very succulent, it is great for a dinner party with friends and family. Dry Chili Cheese is cooked with cheese, cornflour, black pepper, flour, onion, green capsicum.
1/4 cup cornflour
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
12 cubes of cheese
Oil for frying
For the sauce:
2 tablespoons oil
2 cloves and garlic, finely chopped
1 chili, slit
4 tablespoons onion, chopped
1/2 onion sprouts
1/3 capsicum, cut
1 tablespoon chili sauce
2 tablespoons tomato sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
T2 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cornflour
2 tablespoons water
1. First, take a cup of cornflour and 2 tablespoons of flour in a small bowl.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste, 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder, and 2 teaspoons of salt.
3. Make a smooth batter by adding 1/4 cup water.
4. Now dip in 12 cubes of cheese and batter.
5. Make sure the flame is in medium condition for over-frying in hot oil.
6. Stir occasionally until the cheese cubes are golden brown and shiny.
7. Take down the fried cheese and set it aside.
8. In a large skillet, grate 2 tablespoons oil and 2 cloves and garlic, 1 chili, and 2 tablespoons onion.
9. Also, simmer 1/2 onion and 1/4 capsicum on high heat for one minute.
10. Add another 1 tablespoon chili sauce, 2 tablespoons tomato sauce, 2 tablespoons vinegar, and 2 tablespoons soy sauce.
11. Now add 1 teaspoon of chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder, and 2 teaspoons of salt.
12. Fry until the sauce is well combined.
13. Make a cornflower mixture by mixing 1 tablespoon cornflower in 1 tablespoon water.
14. Beat the cornflower mixture well.
15. Fry until the sauce is shiny and thick.
16. Add fried cheese and 2 tbsp onion sprouts. Mix well.
Finally enjoy the chili cheese with fried rice.
The well-fried cheese is boiled in a milk-based gravy with suitable spices. It is mainly served with fried rice. You can make this in just a few minutes.
Diced 350 grams of cheese cubes
Mustard oil (or vegetable oil) for light frying
500 ml of water
A little hing
2 bay leaves
6 green cardamoms
1/2 teaspoon royal cumin
3 tablespoons tomato puree
1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1 tablespoon fennel powder
2 tablespoons yogurt
A pinch of saffron
A pinch of hot spice powder
Salt to taste
Coriander for sorting
1. Pour 500 ml of hot water into a bowl and set aside. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the cheese cubes until light golden/brown. The cheese may break slightly so make sure the heat is in a moderate state.
Then put the fried cheese in a bowl of hot water. Let it soak while making the curry. This helps the cheese retain its moisture and stay soft.
2. Put 3 tablespoons of oil in the saucepan. Add hing and let it fry for a few seconds. Now add cinnamon, bay leaves, and green cardamom.
Fry the spices for a minute until they start to spread and spread their flavor in the oil. Add cumin seeds and fry for 2-3 seconds.
3. Add tomato puree over low heat. Stir well to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom. Add chili, ginger, and fennel powder. Stir and fry for 2 minutes as a paste mixture.
Add 350 ml of soaked cheese with water and continue cooking over medium heat. Then let it boil and cook for 5-6 minutes without the lid. The curry should have a kind of thick consistency. If it is too thick, add a little more water.
4. Sprinkle saffron powder on the gravy and add whipped yogurt. Boil for another 8 minutes and press the cheese pieces into the pot. Stir gently to make sure they don’t break.
You don’t need to cook the cheese but make sure the pieces in the gravy blend well. Then it’s time to eat.
5. Garnish with coriander and a pinch of hot spice powder. Serve with parotta or rice of choice.